Our Mission, Goals and Strategies
JMF enables Armenians in need to move from poverty and despair to self-sufficiency and hope – through relief, development and spiritual uplift.
Our overriding goal is to support durable solutions to Armenia’s social and economic problems. We inspire and motivate people to realize the potential of their communities by enriching and expanding the possibilities of their own lives. At the same time, we recognize that there continue to be many vulnerable groups in Armenia that are unable to help themselves and require ongoing social assistance.
Taking a comprehensive approach, JMF aims to:
- Reduce poverty by supporting the development of sustainable economic activities.
- Empower Armenians at all levels of the society to work together to overcome social and economic problems.
- Support the spiritual, intellectual and social development of young Armenians.
- Strengthen civil society through support to non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other formal and informal social benefit activities.
- Relieve the immediate suffering of the most vulnerable and marginalized groups through material and spiritual assistance.
JMF focuses its activities in the following main areas:
- Civil Society
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Cultural and Spiritual Development
- Relief to Vulnerable Groups
PROGRAM MAIN MECHANISMS
Within the Priority Areas indicated above, JMF employs four program mechanisms to achieve its Mission and Goals in Armenia:
- Self-Developed Projects – JMF develops and implements its own projects.
- Partnerships – JMF collaborates with local and international organizations to develop, fund and implement projects.
- Small Grants – On a competitive basis, JMF provides small grants to support projects developed and implemented by local NGOs and community groups.
- Credit Services – JMF provides affordable credits to Micro-Finance Institutions and Farmers Cooperatives.